ME, Australian alternative rock band from Melbourne possess one of the most un-googleable band names around – and they’re still making a fuss. Signed to Lizard King Records, who The Killers and Santigold called home when they started out, and a pretty special debut single, Like A Fox, being described as mix between The Mars Volta, Radiohead and even Queen. ME will be releasing their debut album sometime this year. The band made MSN’s ones to watch for 2012 and got love from radio land,their mission is to inject vibrancy, humour and theatrics into the humdrum of British guitar music.
We know we’ve left out the sound for this music post, but here’s something to put those curious ears at ease. Coming out on March 5th comes ‘Another Story High’, the debut Mini Album from ‘ME’. Pre order the album here.
Instead of a review, a news piece or even a post of their single, we at PlanetNotion thought it would be a good idea to play a little game with the Aussie’s – showing true Australian showmanship. During their time spent touring with Panic! At The Disco, playing to about 40.000 people in a week, ME was also on a quest. Below you will see 9 listed tasks each accompanied by a picture that were appointed to the band throughout their tour. Behold – Australians aren’t boring!
1. Get a friendly security guard to give you a thumbs up
2. Find a horrific piece of graffiti in the toilets
3. Steal a Panic! setlist
4. Make the ultimate, grim cocktail from your rider – and drink it!
5. Dress up one of the band as Lana Del Rey
6. Recreate a scene from Dirty Dancing
7. Take a press shot as the ‘Ultimate Air Band’
8. Write a piece of Australian slang across someone’s face
9. Build a tower