Mausi are a cool new band whose single, ‘Sol‘, has recently been released. It’s really nice and you should listen to it by clicking on the link.
BUT THAT’S NOT WHY WE’RE HERE. No, we’re here to write about a new mixtape they put together especially for us. The digital compilation of carefully curated songs is called J’aime La Musique Relaxe, which (if you put an acute accent on the ‘e’ of ‘Relaxe’ so that it says ‘Relaxé’) means ‘I like chilled music’. Now, I defy anyone to say that they haven’t, at some point in their lives, fancied listening to some mellow beats. In particular, a milky sunny Thursday afternoon is probably a great time to wind down to some laid-back sounds. This is why we are posting this mixtape now.
Or, it may be a coincidence. But that’s beside the point. This awwwwwwwwwesome mix includes tracks from Breakbot, Daft Punk (my favourite track of theirs, too), Phoenix, Nils Frahm, Washed Out, Gold Panda, Frank Ocean, Bon Iver………….. and loads more but DAMMIT every track on here is good. AND it’s free to download. Cripes, you’re lucky. Listen to Mausi’s J’aime La Musique Relaxe mixtape below – before you realise it is too good to be a disposable one day soundtrack, and decide to download it so you can listen to it for the rest of your life.
Over and out.
1. Body Language – You Can
2. Breakbot – Make You Mine
3. Daft Punk – Something About Us
4. Phoenix – North
5. The Strokes – You Only Live Once (demo)
6. Coeur de Pirate – Comme des enfants
7. Ella Fitzgerald – These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)
8. Nils Frahm – Felt
9. Washed Out – New Theory (RAC remix)
10. Gold Panda – Marriage
11. College (ft. Electric Youth) – A Real Hero
12. No Ceremony/// – Hurtlove
13. Alt-J – Bloodflood
14. Frank Ocean – Strawberry Swing
15. Bon Iver – I Can’t Make You Love Me (4AD Session)